It is the policy of Beaufort Secondary College that all students wear our school uniform. Students must wear the uniform each school day, including to and from school and the uniform must be presentable at all times. Students are to wear their uniform during sporting events, excursions and when representing the College. The uniform has been designed for easy maintenance, student comfort and student protection.
By having a compulsory uniform Beaufort Secondary College aims to:
- Encourage a sense of pride and belonging amongst our students
- Promote a positive image of our school in the community
- Identify our students as belonging to BSC
- Develop a mutual respect amongst students by minimising visible evidence of economic or social differences
- Account for health and safety risk/s in student participation in curriculum activities
These ultimately reflect our school’s values of Respectful Relationships, Excellence and High Expectations.
Furthermore, BSC is committed to supporting a positive transition into meeting workplace expectations. This means that:
- Earring studs or small earring sleepers may be worn; discreet necklaces are acceptable
- The only facial piercing permitted is a small nose stud. Students will be asked to remove all other facial piercings
- Students’ hair must be of a natural colour and tied back if past shoulder length
- Any tattoos must be covered at all times
- Make up and nail polish should be discreet and natural
- Skirts, dresses and shorts should be kept at an acceptable length – between the knee and mid-thigh
- Out of uniform clothing that can be seen under the uniform is not acceptable e.g. hooded tops.
When the full uniform cannot be worn for some reason, parents are asked to provide a note. Students not wearing correct uniform may be provided with a uniform to wear for the day.
School Council requires that the following uniform be worn by all students:
BSC School Dress
BSC Navy Blue Shorts and White Shirt (tie optional)
or BSC Polo Shirt with Plain Navy Socks
Dresses, kilts and shorts should be no shorter than just above the knee in length.
BSC Kilt with White Shirt (tie optional) with Navy Socks or Tights
Navy Blue Slacks with White Shirt (tie optional) or BSC Navy Polo Shirt with Navy Socks
White Shirt (tie optional) or BSC Navy Polo with Navy Shorts
White Shirt (tie optional) or BSC Navy Polo Shirt and Long Navy Trousers with Navy Socks
GIRLS & BOYS
BSC Rugby Jumper or BSC Navy Woollen Jumper
Year 12 students may wear a Year Level Jumper (approved by school council)
BSC Blazer or BSC Puffer Jacket/Vest or BSC Softshell Jacket
Non regulation jackets are not acceptable
All uniform images are thanks to MSP Photography.
Uniforms can be purchased form Crockers Ballarat, located at 4 Armstrong Street North, Ballarat
Black Leather Shoes
Boots, sport, street, skate, suede and canvas shoes or sneaker boots, even if black in colour, are NOT permitted due to OH&S requirements
Short Sleeve Polo
Long Sleeve Polo
Sport Shorts – long
Sport Shorts – short
Bucket Hat with Logo
Academic Socks – Navy